Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.
3+ Years, TORONTO
Corporate Governance Coordinator – Bank Board Governance Operations
Join Canada’s oldest, and North America’s eighth largest, bank at an exciting time in its 205-year history. The Bank Board Governance team (BBG) provides legal, governance and administrative support to the Bank’s Board of Directors, organizes the Bank’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders and Board Strategy Day, and maintains the Bank’s corporate and securities law filings globally. The BBG team prides itself as a leader in corporate governance in Canada. They regularly look for innovative ways to support the Bank’s Board in its oversight responsibilities.
The BBG team is a close-knit, collaborative, group of seven team members within a Corporate Governance group of over 30 individuals globally. As the Bank grows, so do the team’s responsibilities. They are therefore looking to expand their team by adding a Corporate Governance Coordinator. They are looking for a fun-loving, hardworking, team member to lead the execution of the Bank’s domestic and international corporate and securities law filings, to support the organization of the Bank’s board meetings, and to contribute to their culture of continuous innovation.
- Regulatory Filings – Prepare corporate and securities law regulatory filings, including:
- Liaise with the various stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely corporate and securities law filings
- Completion and submission of annual and event-driven filings with various regulatory authorities
- Lead and complete quarter-end filings in Canada, US, the UK and Asia
- Complete filings related to director changes, executive appointments and retirements and SEDI insider filings
- Manage stock option exercise approvals, month end reconciliations and TSX Form 1 Filings
B. Board and Committee Affairs – Manage key activities of the Board of Directors by ensuring effective preparation for, administration of, and follow up to all Board and Committee meetings. This includes drafting of standard meeting documents such as board resolutions, preparing skeleton minutes and chair’s scripts and uploading documents to the Board portal.
C. Shareholder Services – Maintain a high level of customer service when interacting with shareholders and service providers. You will have to exercise your problem-solving skills by recommending solutions for shareholder queries/concerns and maintain records and documentation for shareholder correspondence
D. Annual Meeting of Shareholders – Support the logistics of the Annual Meeting of Shareholder. This includes managing the accommodation and transportation requirements for the Bank’s Board of Directors and senior executive officers and performing ad hoc assignments.
E. Financial Controls – Maintain the timely payment of supplier contracts, manage director expenses and track supplier invoices
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (strong knowledge of Bank Act and securities law filing requirements). Public company experience will be preferred.
- Undergraduate degree
- Law Clerk designation would be preferred
- Knowledge of the business and regulatory environment
- Communicate effectively including above average writing and proofreading skills and an acute attention to detail are critical
- Strong working knowledge of the Diligent Portal, Global Entity Management System, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Ability to learn quickly and follow detailed internal procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills, including working directly with members of the Board of Directors, senior executive officers and administrative support staff
- Demonstrated pro-active self-starter who actively provides solutions when faced with opportunities
- Demonstrated results-oriented, team player who is dedicated to contributing to the team’s success
- Be flexible and willing to accept other responsibilities as required
- Energetic and highly motivated, with a positive, collaborative and confident attitude
- Exercise discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Maintain a culture of curiosity and raise questions about the Bank’s standard practices and procedures to support a continuous improvement culture
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills: be well organized,
- Work well under pressure to juggle multiple priorities and meet competing deadlines
- A hybrid working model is anticipated with at least 50% work from home and up to 50% in the office
- Some stress may be associated with the requirement to meet various deadlines and business goals
- Availability to occasionally work evenings and weekends
For more information or to submit your resume, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #31509