Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.
Toronto | 5 + Years
Our client, owns, manages and develops grocery-anchored open-air centres in neighbourhoods with the strongest demographics in Canada. As one of Canada’s top employers, they foster a vibrant culture that ensures equal opportunity and well-being for all employees in a dynamic workplace. They are proud to provide rewarding opportunities to build meaningful careers in a fun and high performing environment.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, the Legal Assistant/Law Clerk will play a key role on the Corporate Legal Team. In this position, you will be responsible for corporate and litigation file management support under the supervision of the company’s lawyers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Communicate with external counsel to track quarterly legal costs and file status.
- Support in the development and preparation of quarterly litigation reports.
- Manage day-to-day insurance matters, including correspondence with broker, tracking, and processing claims, collecting evidence, maintaining records.
- Assist with evidence collection and document production.
- Prepare draft correspondence, demand letters, and settlement documentation.
- Conduct lease analysis and prepare summaries to assist in responding to potential claims.
- Assist with drafting and responding to auditor legal confirmation letters.
- Assist with maintaining corporate entity database and reviewing/revising corporate entity maintenance materials, including reviewing draft annual returns, incorporations, amalgamations, amendments and dissolutions, extra-provincial registrations.
- Support in preparing for board and unitholder meetings and uploading materials for board meetings into Diligent.
- Other responsibilities, including providing administrative support for special projects, as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least five (5) years of related experience in-house legal department or law firm.
- Legal Assistant/Law Clerk education and proficiency in corporate law and commercial litigation an asset.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding time management and organizational capabilities to coordinate multiple, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving and analytical review with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong general computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
WHAT WE OFFER:
They invest in People. Along with competitive compensation packages—they are always thinking of new ways for their people to share in the company’s success. They are very proud to offer the following to their employees:
- Flexible Hours
- Remote workdays
- Company-matched savings plans
- Annual Wellness Subsidy
- Tuition & Development Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Paid time off during December holiday season
- Parental leave benefits
For more information or to submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org reference #32536