Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.
Hamilton | 5 + Years
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Law Clerk to work within their Corporate – Business Law group of the Hamilton office. The incumbent will be responsible for providing support to professionals in the department by performing legal analysis, researching and preparing legal documents, as well as other tasks involved in the management of the file. This position receives limited direction or guidance, where majority of tasks and objectives are accomplished independently.
- Independently drafts a variety of documentation including incorporations, amalgamations, amendments, continuances, dissolutions, revivals and wind-ups, including preparing, filing and drafting all articles and supporting resolutions and documents and filing of notices pursuant to the Corporations Information Act.
- Prepares, files and manages maintenance of business name registrations for partnerships, sole proprietorship, limited partnerships and corporations.
- Prepares and files extra-provincial registrations and licenses.
- Assists with the following:
- Rollovers, corporate reorganizations, financings, and estate freezes
- Share/Asset purchase and sale transactions and closings
- Minute-book review and maintenance
- Due diligence support
- Undertakes mentorship and guidance of junior and intermediate staff within department.
- Conducts searches, validates and evaluates results and prepares reports on the findings.
- Researches and analyses various issues, processes, case law, codes, legislation, etc.
- Initiates follow up actions where and when necessary.
- Prepares reports on an as needed basis.
- Any other duties as required.
- Our client has introduced a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in or visiting its Canadian offices effective September 27, 2021. Accordingly, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof of full vaccination. Any exemption request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and granted only where the request meets the requirements of applicable legislation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to perform legal research.
- Developing aptitude to coach and mentor junior and/or intermediate law clerks.
- Knowledgeable about current relevant legislation and government regulations.
- In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
- Ability to analyze legal documents for accuracy.
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines.
- Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary.
- Handle stress in a business-like manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
For more information or to submit your CV please send an email to email@example.com. Reference #31791