Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.
Toronto 3 + Years
Family Law Clerk
Our client, a Family Law firm is looking to add an experienced Family Law Clerk to their team.
Remote Flexibility: Two Days mandatory in the Office (Tues and Thursday)
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Assist lawyers in a busy family law firm.
-Drafting sworn Form 13.1 and 13 Financial Statements and Statements of Net Worth for domestic contracts.
-Manage Financial Disclosure for Form 13.1 or 13 Financial Statements and Statements of Net Worth, in particular:
- gather all documentation from client keeping a chart of what was requested and what has been received to date;
- follow up in keeping with deadlines for disclosure.
- assisting client with any questions regarding disclosure, and in assembly and delivery of disclosure to us.
- managing redacting (separations and divorce).
- putting together index and brief of disclosure (electronically, and a physical copy if required).
- sending disclosure to the other side (including cover letter and courier [if required]).
- cross-checking and follow up with the other side’s disclosure.
- updating disclosure where required.
-Drafting court orders.
-Coordinating and managing court attendances and filings.
-Prepare drafts of correspondence, financial statements, affidavits, orders, pleadings and other legal documents.
-Arrange for filing and service of documents and affidavits of service.
-Manage timelines and bring-forward system, in particular court filing deadlines.-Liaise professionally with lawyers, clients, courts, and process servers.
-Open, close and maintain legal files.
-Assist with other legal administrative duties as needed.
-Expected to docket 1200 billable hours per year.
-3-5 years of family law experience;
-Law Clerk diploma from an accredited institution;
-Experience with PCLaw, Worldox’s or similar practice management software;
-Comprehensive understanding of the Family Law Rules, DivorceMate forms and court procedures (including electronic filing with Caselines and OneKey);
-Comprehensive understanding of DivorceMate Calculations, drafting Form 13 and Form 13.1 Financial Statements and Statements of Net Worth for domestic contracts and compiling and reviewing Financial Disclosure Briefs;
-Exceptional drafting skills (correspondence, pleadings, affidavits, briefs);
-Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Acrobat Adobe, OnLand; and
-Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
For more inforamation or to submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org reference #32012