Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.
Mississauga, Ontario – 3+Years
Our client, is a leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.54 billion in revenues. Their vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent — Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
They are seeking an experienced Law Clerk to be part of their Legal group. Working from the corporate headquarters in Mississauga under their new Hybrid Work Policy and reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of all of Compass’ client contracts, including food service, facilities management and confidentiality agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with Corporate Counsel and other team members to draft, review, and negotiate legal documents, including contracts, amendments, statements of work, letters, non-disclosure agreements, purchase orders, etc.
- Reviewing and responding to requests for proposals
- Responding to requests from associates regarding the review and interpretation of contract clauses
- Revising and finalizing legal templates; maintaining precedent database
- Processing of contract termination notices
- Maintaining accurate filing system, databases and checklists
- Organizing files, correspondence and documents related thereto
- Reviewing and preparing for execution forms of contracts and correspondence of a legal nature
- Obtaining and tracking contract approvals from senior management
- Assisting with special projects, including acquisition related due diligence
Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Three to five years of related work experience
- Law clerk or paralegal designation, as well as a good understanding of contract law and of law firm or legal department processes and systems
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational and communication skills who possesses the confidence and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain both internal and external relationships
- Works well independently and a positive team player
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to speak, read and write in French would be an asset
For more information or to submit your resume, email email@example.com reference #31581