Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais
Toronto | 4 + Years
Our client, a trusted multi practice firm, is opening a new location in downtown Toronto and is looking for a Manager of Administration to add to their team.
The Manager of Administration (“Manager”) will be responsible for ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations and appearance of the Toronto office. In this position, the Manager will be the primary administrative point of contact and will interact daily with professional staff who perform a variety of tasks to facilitate the efficient operation of the office. The Manager will report to the Chief Real Estate and Operations Officer (“CREOO”) and the Chief Human Resources Officer (“CHRO”).
- In collaboration with the Office Managing Member (OMM), the Manager will maintain a professional and positive work environment by facilitating effective communication and information-sharing amongst all employees.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the OMM and others on employee engagement and culture.
- Support strategic plans by accomplishing established short and long-term goals.
- Administer firm policies and procedures.
- Ensure operations functions are delivering high quality and efficient service to the firm’s attorneys and professional staff. Review, refine and modify office procedures as needed.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the office; troubleshoot and prioritize the use of professional staff and facilities. Manage work flow, assignments, work schedules and staffing. Escalate issues, when necessary, to CREOO or CHRO.
- Manage, develop, lead and provide guidance to the assistants, ensuring they are working efficiently and effectively to deliver top notch service.
- Regularly monitor performance and optimize service by assessing skills and understanding needs of attorneys.
- Work with the Professional Staff Talent Acquisition Team to recruit assistants; participate in the interviewing process for all other professional staff who will sit in Toronto and provide input on hiring decisions.
- Work closely with Legal Recruiting, Attorney Development and Business Development, to manage the on-boarding process for lateral member new hires to ensure a successful integration.
- Work with Professional Staff Talent Acquisition Team and Attorney Development to manage administrative processes (e.g. benefits enrollment, time entries, IT coordination etc.) related to employee onboarding and departures.
- In collaboration with HR Business Partner (HRBP), provide feedback and coaching for professional development and individual performance improvement to assistants. Work with HRBP to handle discipline and termination of professional staff in accordance with firm policies and procedures.
- Evaluate performance of the assistants, synthesize additional feedback, and conduct annual performance review meetings.
- Manage Ceridian Dayforce process, PTO requests, overtime and daily/evening coverage.
- Support billing, collections and other financial management functions.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets for office. Monitor and approve related invoices. Review monthly expense reports to ensure accuracy of billing and budget compliance.
- With the CREOO, oversee construction and all related project activities. Identify opportunities to accelerate schedule and control costs. Communicate critical information to attorneys and professional staff on an as-needed basis.
- Serve as primary contact with landlord and work closely with appropriate personnel to resolve building-related issues.
- Oversee office security, manage and control access cards and keys; manage access for employees and visitors.
- Maintain space and personnel information used for analyzing office costs and tracking utilization. Work closely with departmental leaders to determine office assignments and appropriate use of space.
- Oversee relationships with all vendors. Oversee and provide direction to outsourced on-site office services staff. Participate in the process of selecting qualified providers.
- Update office business continuity materials. Act as liaison with building management.
- Occasional travel required.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4+ years of experience in office administration and/or HR management, law firm experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Toronto, Ontario, Canadian Labor laws.
- Excellent general business acumen across multiple competencies.
- Excellent service delivery skills.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate staff.
- Experience in recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, performance improvement and separations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to positively influence others.
- Excellent judgment.
- Must be comfortable analyzing, working with and presenting data.
- Must be highly responsive, organized, and have proven track record of successful execution of plans and delivery of results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to gain the respect, trust and confidence of the firm’s members, associates and staff.
- Deep personal commitment to integrity and the highest standards of ethics.
- Must have a “hands-on” tactical approach.
- Creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Comfortable handling and maintaining highly confidential information.
- Must display the highest level of diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and implement new concepts quickly.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels; facilitating teamwork; and identifying opportunities to develop new processes/infrastructure.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding sense of customer service.
- Strong planning and organizational skills including demonstrated ability to manage multiple, diverse projects concurrently.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software.
For more information or to submit your resume to email@example.com reference #32244