Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais
Toronto/ 12 + Years
Senior Law Clerk
Our client, a Real Estate Investment Trust who is an owner, manager and developer of well-located retail and commercial real estate across Canada. Their portfolio spans approximately 65 million square feet of gross leasable area and consists of over 700 properties primarily focused on supermarket-anchored shopping centres and stand-alone supermarkets.
A commitment to continuous learning and development is a strong part of their culture.
The Senior Law Clerk reports directly to the Director, Legal Counsel (although working directly with various lawyers). The successful candidate will serve as a key problem solver on a rich variety of legal issues for their business units.
This position is located on the subway line at Yonge and St Clair, with a hybrid work arrangement (employees to attend the office 2 days per week).
Key Responsibilities include:
• Provide legal support on routine contractual matters, including reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts and forms with assistance from legal counsel on the team.
• Provide invaluable support to our property operations team, offering practical problem-solving and other support (correspondence and documentation) to help address legal matters that may arise on their sites and with their tenants from time to time.
• Coordinate various corporate matters with the corporate secretariat team including organizing quarterly and annual disclosure matters, and providing some litigation support.
• Work with external and internal counsel to help resolve the interesting issues that come to the legal department
• Interact directly with the business groups
• Law clerk certificate is mandatory
• The ideal candidate will have 12-15 years of corporate and commercial experience as a law clerk experience gained from a law firm or in-house.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to take initiative and work within a team will be essential to succeed in this role
• A professional demeanour, a natural curiosity and internal motivation and engagement for our business will be important.
• Excellent judgement and strong problem-solving skills
For more information or to submit your CV to email@example.com reference #31955