Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.
Toronto 7 + Years
Senior Manager, Legal Services
POSITION: Reporting to the Senior Vice President, this position will provide lease administration services, focusing on commercial leasing, real estate transactions, property management lease administration, and managing the process of litigation through third-party legal services.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Among the reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a wide array of commercial leasing documents, the responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting and advising our clients property managers, asset managers, and leasing managers on all types of office, industrial and retail commercial leasing matters. This includes providing opinions on all commercial leasing legal matters and/or liaising with external counsel on such legal matters.
- Assisting and advising our clients property managers, asset managers, and leasing managers on all rent collection matters, including defaults, lease terminations, and restoration agreements.
- Draft and negotiate leases and lease-related documents including, Rent Relief/Abatement/Deferral Agreements of any kind, Lease Extensions/Renewals, Amendments, Surrenders, Occupancy Agreements, Quick Start Letters, License Agreements, Consents, Assignments, Change of Control,Non-Disturbance Agreements, Subleases, Notices of Lease, Notices of Termination.
- Liaising with client and third-party property managers to collect certificates of insurance, letters of credit, security deposits, and any renewals of such that are required.
- Providing support to the Asset Management & Property Management team with the preparation of responses or any required documentation with respect to Lien Claims, Bankruptcies, and CCAA protection.
- Overseeing the review of required leases and amending agreements, during Acquisition due diligence and preparing lease summaries.
- Overseeing the preparation of estoppel certificates for dispositions and refinancing.
- Working with the Leasing Team, (or its agents) to finalize offers to lease and move leasing transactions forward, by attending meetings and conference calls with tenants and/or tenant’s representatives (i.e. outside counsel/broker) or drafting responses to the tenant or tenant’s in-house or external counsel if required.
- If required, coordinate with external counsel the review of any other documents or matters that fall outside of commercial leasing, including, Telecom Agreements, Media License Agreements, or any other agreement that must be sent to external counsel to prepare and negotiate on behalf of our client.
QUALIFICATIONS: The position requires a minimum of 7-10 consecutive years of practice focus on commercial leasing.
- Demonstrated experience with the preparation of a variety of commercial leasing-related documents.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, manage conflicting priorities and work collaboratively.
- Resourceful and diplomatic problem solver.
- Proven ability to maintain relationships. Superior organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Prior legal experience with a law firm is preferred but not necessary.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with superior level of reading comprehension skills, sophisticated drafting skills, good judgement and strong negotiating and analytical skills.
- This individual should be equally able to work within a group and independently and is self-motivated with a positive attitude.
Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, judge changing priorities, and take strong initiative
For more information or to submit your CV to email@example.com reference #31870