Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais
Toronto | 7 + Years
Our client, one of Canada’s largest privately owned Real Estate firms with a portfolio of over $17,000 units in various stages of development, construction, repositioning and completion, is looking to add a Senior Real Estate/Condominium Law Clerk to their team.
They are looking for a Senior Legal Clerk to handle the legal documentation and processes associated with the sale of condominium units by a real estate developer. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the legal process related to the sale of the condo units. The ideal candidate will be a confident, proactive, highly detailed oriented team player who possesses excellent organizational skills. Working in a team with in house and external counsel and as well other stakeholders, it is expected that the candidate will be able to handle high volume of work with tight turnaround times.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBIITIES
- Creating a database for each condominium project.
- Coordinating with internal clients for instructions and responding to various amendment requests to condominium agreements of purchase and sale.
- Opening unit sales records and general filings for the responsible projects.
- General communication and correspondence with purchasers’ solicitors.
- Preparing various occupancy extension notices for clients.
- Reviewing terms of agreement of purchase and sale and prepare occupancy and final closing memos.
- Preparing occupancy and final closing documents, attending to closing issues and communicating with the responsible lawyers for legal advice and input.
- Preparing electronic documents and conducting title searches.
- Preparing default notices, if applicable.
- Preparing sales reports and reports on sale proceeds to client after closings.
- Attending to post-registration matters including closing reports to Tarion Warranty Corporation, and obtaining and registering partial discharges of mortgages.
- Preparing and organizing turnover documents.
- Preparing closing reports and accounts to client.
- Review and manage legal documentation related to the sale of condo units, including disclosure documents, purchase agreements, and closing documents.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and regulations related to the sale of real estate.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders, such as real estate agents, buyers, attorneys, and title companies, to ensure timely and accurate completion of legal documents and processes.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all legal documentation and communications related to condo sales.
- Creating and maintaining a general in-house legal database for the land development team.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Law clerk certification from a recognized program with a minimum of 7-10+ years’ experience in a similar position in a Condominium Real Estate Law practice.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and be a strong team player.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior knowledge of commercial real estate software (Teraview, Lawyer Done Deal, etc.) and proficiency in the MS Office environment.
- Working knowledge of legislation relevant to the Real Estate practice area, such as the Land Titles Act, Registry Act, Land Registration Reform Act and the Planning Act;
- University degree would be an asset.
For more information or to submit your resume to email@example.com reference #32441