Toronto | 5+ years
Our client is looking to add an Account Executive/Paralegal to their team. They are an outsourced corporate secretarial services tailored to the needs of small to midsized reporting issuers with services ranging from providing recording secretaries for Board of Directors & Committee meetings to the appointment of one of their senior team members as the outsourced Corporate Secretary of the company. Our client also specializes in continuous disclosure regulatory reporting, stock exchange compliance, stock option and warrant administration, annual meeting organization, minute book custody, corporate governance advice, news release dissemination through a range of domestic and global networks, and other specialty services.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Key liaison with internal and external Board members to arrange quarterly meetings of Board and Committees as well as annual general meetings of shareholders.
- Prepares agendas & supporting documentation and sends to Board members in advance of meetings.
- Drafts Board resolutions as needed.
- Attends Board and Committee meetings and records minutes, information items, actions, directives and reports on outstanding agenda items.
- Assists in defining and responsible for ensuring that the respective functions/Committees of the Board are understood, respected and maintained.
- Actively engages in on- and off-boarding of directors, including organizing orientation of new directors.
- Advises directors and senior officers of insider reporting requirements.
- Monitors Stock Options activity and records, including Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Word agreements.
- Advises employees regarding black-out periods and trading restrictions.
- Maintains the company’s corporate governance materials, including all articles/by-laws, minute books, mandates, charters and corporate policies, and associated approval processes, particularly in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance.
- Acts as the corporate records liaison for officers and directors.
- Review key agreements and contracts.
- Advises on good corporate governance practices.
The qualified candidate will have the following skills:
- Post–secondary undergraduate degree in Corporate Secretarial Practice, Business, Law, or Paralegal Certification and License
- At least 5 years relevant working experience as assistant corporate secretary, or paralegal within a mining, law firm or related business
- Working knowledge of corporate and securities law
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to use initiative
- Flexibility to work outside regular hours on occasion
- Self-motivated and well-organized
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines with multiple competing priorities
- Availability to attend all client board meetings in person or by teleconference is required
- Competence with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Acrobat) and meetings software
- Knowledge of Corporate Actions and Proxy/Transfer Agent experience
For more information or to submit your resume to Kareyn Gautier @ email@example.com quoting job reference #30759.