A private Ontario firm is looking for a part-time full charge bookkeeper. Key activities include:
- Accounts Receivable – Creating invoices, receiving & reconciling client accounts, cash applications;
- Accounts Payable – Vendor payments, some with the use of the payable ledger;
- Preparation of company reports on an as needed basis;
- Tax compliance – calculation and reporting of HST, QST and Lodging taxes;
- Payroll – bringing employees on & off board, regular processing, government compliances, ROE, EI compliance using Desjardin payroll service;
- Intercompany reconciliations – due to/from reconciliation with affiliated companies;
- Cash management – bank and credit card reconciliation;
- Other impromptu and ad hoc accounting or reporting activities.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- Ten years of experience in Quickbooks Desktop version
- Being organized and highly detail-oriented is essential;
- Comfortable with general accounting principles and able to work independently on complex accounting treatments;
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills in both writing and oral presentation;
- Positive attitude to overcome challenges and good problem-solving techniques based on training and learning;
- Able to learn quickly and understand complex processed clearly, and be flexible and open to change;
- Strong analytical skills with minimum supervision;
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office (especially MS Excel);
- Able to take instruction from principal and accountant of record;
- Knowledge of Revenue Canada tax compliances and/or ability to research same.
Interested applicants are welcome to send their resume to email@example.com. References will be required. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.