Toronto | 4+Years
Our client, a Toronto based growing precious metals mining and exploration company is looking to add a Junior/Intermediate Corporate/Securities Law Clerk to their dynamic team.
In this role you will report to the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, and the Corporate/Securities Law Clerk will be well-organized and have a pragmatic and professional nature. This individual will be knowledgeable, and responsible for providing assistance in corporate and board governance matters, including with respect to corporate and securities regulatory and reporting requirements and transactions.
In addition, this position will be responsible for managing and maintaining various corporate and other legal entities, including all corporate records and filings. Strong organizational, communication and writing skills are essential to this role.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and maintain corporate records.
- Coordination of Board Meetings and Shareholder Meetings, including logistics and preparation of related
- Prepare board and committee agendas, minutes and resolutions.
- Prepare and post all materials for the meetings of the Board and its committees.
- Coordinating with the company’s transfer agent.
- Manage and maintain various corporate and other legal entities, including all corporate records and
- Attend to insider filings on SEDI.
- Complete corporate filings in Ontario and other jurisdictions as needed.
- Assist in continuous disclosure filings as required by securities legislation and stock exchange
- Provide assistance in preparation of information circulars, annual information forms, treasury orders, stock option/RSU certificates.
- Respond to requests for information and documentation.
- Perform general legal services including:
- assisting with transactional matters including closings;
- conducting department project administration, including managing department deadlines;
- drafting legal correspondence, corporate/commercial documents;
- proofreading; and
- participating in due diligence.
- Liaise with auditors, lawyers, tax advisers, bankers and shareholders on board governance issues as requested by general counsel.
- Provide general support to the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable in corporate and board governance matters, including with respect to securities regulatory and reporting requirements (OSC and TSX).
- 4-8 years of corporate secretarial experience in a publicly traded company
- Open and honest communicator capable of quickly earning trust and creating transparent
- Business acumen and ability to quickly analyze complex situations, determine key issues and present and implement clearly defined
- Ability to solve problems, work with initiative and creativity when managing projects and meeting deadlines with limited
- Strong attention to detail
Nice to have but not core:
- Attend to filings on SEDAR
- Draft documents relating to incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, amendments/alterations, rollovers, redemptions, dividends, continuances, dissolutions, revivals, extra-provincial registrations across Canada, licenses, limited partnerships and business names.
- Conduct due diligence minute book reviews, identify deficiencies and rectify issues.
For more information or to submit your resume to Kareyn Gauthier @ firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference #30749.