Toronto 3 + Years
Commercial Law Clerk
Our client, and international company with a dynamic work environment is looking to add a Commercial Law Clerk to their team.
You will Support commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, agreements, due diligence and title matters, reporting and accounting.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Here are just a few ways that you’ll help make journeys better:
- Manage files involving purchases, sales and commercial leases, prioritize and monitor the various components of the transactions.
- Draft, prepare and review documentation
- Calculate and draft statement of adjustments and other financial documentation
- Review and analyze agreements, leases, requisitions on title and responses to requisitions
- Draft correspondence, coordinate with external advisors and internal clients
- Conduct, document, review, analyze, verify, monitor, summarize and report on due diligence for transactions
- Support closings of transactions including expedite matters where necessary to meet deadlines, coordinate the receipt of closing documentation and exchange of funds, review, revise and finalize closing documentation, conduct and analyze title search requirements and complete registration of documentation, problem solve, liaise with client groups and solicitor in charge
- Compile information and draft written report(s) to client groups, as well as monitor and follow up on undertakings and conditions.
- Schedule appointments and interact with internal clients and other parties
- Consult and collaborate with solicitors and clients to receive and implement instructions at onset and during the course of the transaction
- Negotiate, communicate and consult with solicitors for the other sides of transactions as well as governmental professionals
- Flag and anticipate potential issues and communicate these issues to the attention of the solicitor in charge
- Collaborate with staff
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related KPI targets pursuant to company guidelines
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
They want you to join their team! Here’s what they are looking for:
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Commercial Real Estate Clerk
- You have a law clerk diploma or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- You have a solid knowledge of legal and technical procedures, statutes, regulations and applicable governmental practices
- You have a strong work ethic and possess a mindset of continuous improvement
- You are familiar with commercial leasing and purchase and sale transactions
- You have working Experience with Conveyancer, Teraview, OnCorp, and CorpLink
- You can work in a fast-paced environment, either as a team or as an individual
- You can manage a large workload volume, competing priorities and demands.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You are professional, tactful, and highly dependable
- You have strong organizational and time management skills.
- You have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
- You are willing to adapt to changing responsibilities of the position.
For more information or to submit your CV to email@example.com reference #31950