Hamilton | 3 + Years
Our client is currently searching for a hard-working, energetic and detail-oriented Law Clerks to join their dynamic team on a one-year contract as well as a permanent role. The incumbent will be responsible for providing support to professionals in the Business Law Commercial Real Estate department by preparing legal documents and other tasks involved in the management of the file. This position receives some direction or guidance; most tasks and objectives are accomplished independently.
- Receives directions from the professional on the status of the file, the steps required for the conduct of the file, with instructions to meet critical deadlines.
- Drafts a variety of documentation, from research, precedents and/or directions, including forms, contracts, agreements, closing documents and correspondence to meet the needs of the various steps required throughout the conduct of the file, in accordance with legislation and/or governing regulations.
- Systematically organizes, tracks and maintains document files and correspondence, using, where appropriate, computer databases and imaging software.
- Initiates follow up actions where and when necessary.
- Liaises with client to obtain and, when directed by the professional, provide information.
- Has complete carriage of transactions from title to off title and corporate searches to drafting.
- Corresponds with government authorities and opposing counsel.
- Prepares reports on an as needed basis.
- Any other duties as required.
- Our client has introduced a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in or visiting its Canadian offices effective September 27, 2021. Accordingly, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof of full vaccination. Any exemption request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and granted only where the request meets the requirements of applicable legislation.
- Thorough knowledge and experience using Teraview.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledgeable about current relevant legislation and government regulations.
- In depth knowledge of real estate legal terminology and principles.
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines
- Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
- Handle stress in a business-like manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Law Clerk/Paralegal or Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate
- 3+ years as a Law Clerk/Paralegal
For more information or to submit your CV please send an email to email@example.com. Reference #31790