Toronto | 7+ Years
This is an exciting opportunity at an established, boutique private real estate company. Join a collegial and positive environment and be part of a collaborative team. In addition to overseeing the company’s lease related documentation, this is an opportunity to use your interest and knowledge in other aspects of real estate and development. Reports to the Vice President, but with exposure to all senior leadership of the company. Our client has an exciting fast-paced environment during the workday, but value work-life balance for employees.
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Drafting of commercial documentation such as offers to lease, lease documents, lease renewals, assignments, etc.
- Negotiation of terms and documentation for renewals of existing tenants
- Negotiate tenant leases
- Support tenant relationships
- Track lease documentation, along with key dates in agreements
- Assist in digitizing of historical legal files in office
- Co-ordinate with the accounting team for all dates related to lease implementation
- Enhance and maintain a legal precedent data base
- Assist in due diligence for sales and acquisitions and also with documentation related to sales and acquisitions
Experience and Qualifications:
- Paralegal or law clerk with college or university degree, qualified to work in Ontario
- A minimum of 7+ years’ experience in lease documentation for commercial retail plazas and shopping centres, including drafting, along with negotiation experience
- Attention to detail is critical in this role. This is an ideal position for an individual who consistently exercises thoroughness and accuracy when completing tasks
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with both colleagues and tenants
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced skills in Word
For more information or to submit your resume, email email@example.com quoting reference #31234.