Toronto- 3 + Years
Our client, one of North America’s largest home builders, is looking to add a Corporate Law Clerk to their team.
The Corporate Law Clerk is responsible for the maintenance of the Company’s corporate structure and assisting with corporate governance. As an integral part of the legal team, the Corporate Law Clerk will frequently arrange for entities to be created, maintain corporate records, draft resolutions, prepare provincial and federal filings, responding to AML/KYC queries, create organizational charts, conduct searches and implement corporate structural changes.
- Draft or arrange for the preparation of organizational documents (including articles of incorporation, by-laws and resolutions), limited partnership agreements and resolutions
- Work as part of the legal team as the key corporate services contact, providing corporate guidance and support
- Manage and oversee corporate updates, changeovers and regulatory filings
- Update and maintain minute books and the corporate records database (CorpLink) for the company’s sizeable portfolio of Canadian and American Entities
- Facilitate filings or documentation required by provincial, state or federal bodies in Canada and the U.S.
- Prepare documentation required by financial institutions including KYC/AML
- Ensure corporate documents and practices are in compliance with governing statutes and regulations
- Create and maintain all precedent corporate documentation
- Effectively liaise with the legal team, along with various internal and external stakeholders
- Manage general corporate administration including reviewing invoices for corporate support, facilitating special projects and engaging with external corporate counsel and extra-provincial/international agents, as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience handling corporate administration and/or working in a law firm or in-house law department
- Experience with limited partnerships, trusts, transactions, US entities or a real estate focused institution is an asset
- Knowledge of relevant corporate statutes and regulations
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in corporate legal administration, law clerk or paralegal studies or related field
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Visio, corporate database systems (Corplink preferred) and online regulatory filing processes
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong ability to communicate and engage with others
- Superb attention to detail
For more information or to submit your resume to email@example.com reference #32349