Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.
8 + Years- North York
Our client, a leading innovator focused on providing tailored financial services is looking to add a Corporate Law Clerk. In this role, you will have a day-to-day and ongoing impact on operations, financial and strategic initiatives. You will be working closely in a hyper-growth environment and tasked with projects of the highest importance. You will also have the opportunity to participate in the employee incentive program, which entitles you to share the company’s future growth.
About the Role
Our client is looking for a Corporate Law Clerk to join their Legal Department. Being a Corporate Law Clerk, you will be responsible for ongoing corporate work, corporate and extra-provincial filings and registrations and supporting M&A transactions and financing transactions. You will report to Senior Legal Counsel and work in tandem with colleagues from other functional teams and member companies.
What you will be doing:
- Routine ongoing corporate work, including maintaining corporate minute books, internal records and databases of corporations
- Conducting public registry searches
- Preparing and filing corporate and extra-provincial filings and registrations
- Preparing and managing standard corporate documents and governance
- Supporting M&A transactions and financing transactions, including document preparation, organization and due diligence handle structuring and restructuring transactions, including organization of new corporations and ownership changes and corporate group restructuring
- Planning, preparing, and executing all Board of Director meetings and committee meetings
- Taking and recording minutes and executive board meeting
- Adequately advice the Board of Directors on its duties and objectives, as well as the members’ individual roles
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a legal clerk or corporate secretary at a top tier law firm or company；
- Experience with corporate, commercial, technology, and intellectual property law;
- Experience supporting lawyers, other law clerks, and legal assistants;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to adapt communication style to audience, and strong drafting skills for correspondence and contract terms;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, remain calm with a sense of urgency while maintaining a positive, team-driven work ethic;
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct;
- Detail-oriented and excellent time management and organizational skills required
For more information or to submit your CV, email email@example.com reference #31616