Ottawa | 5 + Years & 2 + Years
Our client a mid sized, full-service office dedicated to providing the highest quality client service is looking to add an Executive Legal Assistant and Legal Assistant to their team.
Executive Assistant 5+Years
• Work closely with the OMP to execute against key business plan objectives and office initiatives
• Provide critical daily support, demonstrating poise, tack and diplomacy
• Assess the urgency ad importance of situations and take the appropriate action
• Proactively assist the OMP in responding to and delegating routine inquiries and administrative tasks
• Juggle multiple competing tasks and demands keeping focused on priorities and deadlines and assisting OMP to do the same
• Provide support for meetings, including driving agendas, transcribing meeting minutes, executing
action steps, and coordinating meeting requirements
• Support the OMP in post-meeting follow up to execute against timelines and commitments
• Manage the calendar, calls, mail, e-mails, meetings and travel for the OMP and coordination of events originating from that position
• Accurately prepare and edit correspondence, reports, minutes, presentations and pre-read packages for meetings
• Support department budget management activities i.e. prepare and submit expense reports, prepare spreadsheets
• Competently utilize the Firm’s technology and tools
• Perform other administrative tasks as may be allocated and other duties as assigned.
• Experience in a legal practice environment or professional services environment highly preferred
• 7-plus years of professional experience with a minimum 5 years of experience supporting a top executive required
• Strong client contact experience is a must
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Superior interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills (both verbal and written) and professional telephone and e-mail manners are required.
• Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and aptitude with technology
• Strong attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy are required.
• Able to take initiative, work independently with little instruction or supervision, and be able to prioritize.
• Able to prioritize competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
• Must be confident, trustworthy, flexible and reliable
• Able to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
• Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
Legal Assistant 2+Years
• Drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence, accounts and various transactional documents and forms.
• Entering and maintaining lawyer’s dockets and coordinating with the Accounting Department, when necessary; preparing detailed billings.
• Dealing with and responding to client inquiries expeditiously and conducting follow up; keeping the lawyers apprised of interactions in their absence.
• Opening, maintaining and putting away files, and maintaining precedent systems using the Firm protocol for knowledge management.
• Processing incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts and managing bring forwards.
• Preparing and updating cheque requisitions and expense reports.
• Updating and maintaining client/matter lists and current client contact records electronically to meet Dentons’ requirements.
• General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms, making travel arrangements, etc.; working with other related Departments/services internally to provide documents and other materials on time to meet client needs.
• Maintaining and organizing files, both electronic and hard copy as required.
• Demonstrating a team approach; supporting and standing in for colleagues to cover absences; ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality; accountability in relation to both internal and external clients to achieve outputs and goals for the Department and the Firm.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary education in business or related discipline. Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma preferred.
• Solid work experience in a legal environment with working knowledge of corporate law. Preference will be given to previous experience gained within a large firm environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of procedures, with a sound understanding of corporate transaction documents.
• Passion for working in a team environment, willing to help others and comfortable with sharing work assignments.
• Ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work, occasionally under tight timelines.
• Able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and take initiative using sound judgment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of accounting/docketing systems and data management systems (i.e. Elite and iManage).
• Excellent organizational/follow up skills; attention to detail, proof reading and accuracy are required.
• Professional client and telephone manner and a proven track record of working with confidential information.
• Must have excellent problem solving skills, the ability to work with little instruction or supervision and be internally motivated.
• Professionalism demonstrated with colleagues, clients both in person and conversing by phone.
• Strong grammatical skills, including punctuation and proofreading, attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
• Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct
For more information or to submit your resume to Kareyn Gauthier @ firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #30805, and #30806