Toronto | 4 + Years
Family Law Clerk
Our client is seeking a Law Clerk who is reliable, highly organized, detail-oriented and has extensive knowledge and experience in Family Law procedures.
A successful candidate will be highly skilled at drafting court documents, will have strong communication skills with the ability to problem solve, prioritize, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- 4-6 years of Family Law Clerk work experience;
- Positive, friendly, proactive, team player attitude with a strong commitment to client service and a good team working environment.
- Strong drafting skills of written correspondence and documents such as Applications, Affidavits, Case/Settlement Conference Briefs, Separation Agreements, Parenting Plans, etc., and preparing Financial Statement, NFPs and Orders from Endorsements.
- Ability to draft correspondence on substantive matters
- Extensive background in Family Law including the Family Law Rules, and Family Law court processes;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adhere to strict deadlines with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in PCLaw, Divorcemate and with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Trial and Appeal experience would be an asset but not necessary
- Maintaining currency with Ontario Family Law Rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the court protocols, practice directions and new COVID practice directions.
- Developing and maintaining a positive relationship with clients and other professionals.
- Preparing materials including pleadings, affidavits, briefs, facta, Financial Statements, and other court documents, and organizing disclosure.
- Independently and effectively managing a high volume of family law matters.
- Providing timely, comprehensive and strategic legal assistance to clients.
- Serving and filing court documents including online through the appropriate portals.
- Scheduling court attendances, Conferences and Motions.
- Managing calls and emails
- Communicating effectively with lawyers, paralegals and fellow clerks to prepare and forward client files and accounts.
- Established Family Law firm located in a brand-new premises
- Convenient North York location
- Competitive salary and other benefits
- Top rated Health and Dental Benefit package
- On-site parking paid for by employer
For more information or to submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org reference #32185