3+ yrs | Toronto
We are recruiting for a Law Clerk for one of the largest home builders in North America.
The Legal Clerk is responsible for maintenance of bring forward system for key dates, maintaining electronic databases of legal files, preparing litigation reports and other key summaries. Also, they will provide support for various legal transactions, including acquisitions, financing and joint ventures, under the supervision of a lawyer.
· Prepare summaries and/or charts of key agreements for use by legal and various business groups
· Maintain electronic filing system of legal documentation
· Establish bring forward system to manage key dates
· Maintain litigation reporting chart
· Assist with preparation of simple agreements, prepare notices, etc.
· Provide legal support on various transactions including setting up of data rooms; review of closing documents, compiling schedules and arranging signatories
· Open, close and update files; file accordingly
· Handle department invoicing, tracking status, and preparing summaries
· Other administrative tasks and/or special projects, as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Minimum 3+ years of experience handling complex transactions in a multi-entity organization
· Post-secondary degree or diploma as a law clerk or paralegal studies, or related field
· Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
· Strong critical thinking ability and resourcefulness to troubleshoot problems and discover solutions
· Strong proficiency in MS Office; online business and legal research tools
· Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
· Experience within the Real Estate or Construction industry is an asset.
· Experience with Visio is an asset
For more information or to submit your resume to email@example.com quoting reference #30987