Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.
Mississauga- 2 + Years
Law Clerk/Legal Assistant
Our client is seeking an experienced Law Clerk or Legal Assistant to be part of their Legal group. Working from the corporate headquarters in Mississauga under their new Hybrid Work Policy and reporting to the Senior Law Clerk. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of all of Licenses (business, liquor etc.), client contracts, including food service, facilities management and confidentiality agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Will in charge of maintaining, applying, cancelling the following Licenses:
- Business licenses
- Health permits
- Canada Radio Licenses
- Corporate Inquiries – provide corporate documents such as Incorporation/Amalgamation, Extra Provincial Registrations, Corporate Summaries, Officer/Director Registries
- Stats Canada – Schedule 1 Annual Corporate Returns – Filed yearly when notice is rec’d from Stats Canada by email for each corporate entity.
- Letters of Credit – obtain approval and submit new application
- Working with Corporate Counsel and other team members to draft, review, and negotiate legal documents, including contracts, amendments, statements of work, letters, non-disclosure agreements, purchase orders, etc.
- Revising and finalizing legal templates; maintaining precedent database
- Processing of contract termination notices
- Maintaining accurate filing system, databases and checklists
- Reviewing and preparing for execution forms of contracts and correspondence of a legal nature
- Obtaining and tracking contract approvals from senior management
- Assisting with special projects, including acquisition related due diligence
- Providing support with legal request assignment
Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Two to five years of related work experience
- Law clerk or paralegal designation, as well as a good understanding of contract law and of law firm or legal department processes and systems
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational and communication skills who possesses the confidence and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain both internal and external relationships
- Works well independently and a positive team player
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to speak, read and write in French would be an asset
For more information or to submit your CV to email@example.com reference #31835