Oakville | 5 + Years
Our client, a Litigation firm with a focus on litigation within the construction and development industries is looking to add a Law Clerk/Paralegal to their team.
The responsibilities of the Law Clerk include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and complete all necessary litigation documentation, with the exception of any drafting that could be classified as providing legal advice.
- Communicate professionally with all internal staff and external clients.
- Handle administrative details with respect to opening and closing files, maintenance of files, docketing, billing, etc.
- Transcribe various forms of dictations.
- Prepare legal forms in correspondence with the Rules of Civil Procedure and Rules of Small Claims Court.
- Manage and diarize deadlines and ensure compliance with same.
- Organize and correspond with process servers and court staff.
- Schedule and confirm court appearances.
- Order and organize supplies such as binding spines, tabs, etc.
- Transportation may be required for bank deposits and service of documents (e.g. mailbox or post office).
- Ensuring all books are updated with requisite supplements.
For more information or to submit your resume to email@example.com reference #32300