4 – 8 yrs | Toronto
Our Client is seeking an intermediate law clerk to join its Wills, Estates, Trusts & Charities Practice Group.
The successful candidate will work with lawyers and other clerks on a variety of challenging and diverse matters, representing clients (including executors, corporate trustees, beneficiaries, financial planning firms and advisors, corporations, owner-managers and family businesses) in managing and assisting with all aspects of administration and disputes.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 4-8 years of experience in all aspects of estate, trusts and capacity litigation and administration
- Post-secondary education with a Law Clerk designation
- Strong technical and legal knowledge
- Ability to work with lawyers and clerks at all levels, excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Confidence to manage multiple complex files at the same time
- Ability to work independently and within tight timelines
- Excellent attention to detail and diligent proofreading skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Experience assisting on matters concerning guardianships, will challenges and interpretations, power of attorney issues and disputes, passings of accounts, variations of trust, and dependant relief applications as well as the other functions of a law clerk, such as drafting and working with clients
- Ability to assist with establishing charities and non-profit organizations
- Experience using WindUp estates accounting system, EDT and ACL, would be an asset
For more information or to submit your resume to Kareyn Gauthier @ email@example.com quoting reference # 30866