Our client, a well-respected and reputable Calgary law firm, is currently seeking an experienced Litigation Support Legal Assistant/Paralegal to join their team.
Duties of this role will include:
– Maintenance and updating of knowledge of available litigation support systems and software
– Understanding of basic eDiscovery Analytics concepts and how to implement those technologies
– Design, implement, update and maintain litigation databases and coordinate loading records
– Provide support to lawyers regarding document searching, retrieval and reporting
– Prepare and implement procedures and protocols for workflow, coding, trial books, appeal books, scanning and unitization, and affidavit of records
– Train other Litigation Support staff on best practices, software use and other tasks
– Prepare documents for production including coding, consistency checks, reporting and production exports
– Monitor job progress, making adjustments to ensure deadlines are met & identify delays
– Participate in training and professional development opportunities
– Provide Paralegal support on all files
Successful candidates should be graduates of an accredited Legal Assistant/Paralegal diploma and be either a senior level Litigation Legal Assistant or an intermediate level Litigation Paralegal. Previous experience using eDiscovery is beneficial, but this is not mandatory.
This is a great opportunity to work with a close-knit and collegial team & have the added bonus of reporting to and learning from a very reputable individual in the industry. This firm offers a fantastic work environment, attractive compensation, a terrific health & benefits package and an in-house gym for staff use. For more information on this exciting opportunity or to apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing job number #28690.