Our client, a rapidly expanding national business law firm, is currently seeking a Senior Paraprofessional/Paralegal to join their Vancouver based Corporate team.
Duties of this role will include:
- Perform a variety of legal & administrative duties with respect to Corporate law
- Coordinate and draft corporate resolutions, notices, agreements and other ancillary documents in connection with complex transactions
- Draft complex share provisions and documents pertaining to corporate and tax reorganizations (ITA ss 51, 85, 86, 97), financings and share or asset purchase transactions
- Conduct corporate minute book reviews and prepare reports
- Draft documents relating to incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, amendments/alterations, rollovers, redemptions, annual proceedings, dividends, continuances, dissolutions, revivals, extra-provincial registrations across Canada, licenses, limited partnerships and business names.
- Research and interpret legal and technical procedures, statutes, and regulations applicable to area of practice
- Conduct corporate searches and analyze filings
- Maintain and review corporate records, securities ledgers and registers, including uploading executed documents to virtual minute books
- Maintain Extra Provincial Registrations and licenses
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, students and public officials and mentor intermediate and junior clerks
- Assist with fee quotes for large corporate projects
The successful candidate must be the graduate of an accredited Paralegal diploma with a minimum of 5+ years related Corporate experience. The ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of federal and provincial corporate statutes and corporate procedures, alongside a client-focused & professional attitude, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple competing deadlines.
For more information or to apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job number #28802