2+ yrs | Toronto
Our client, a dynamic and expanding Personal Injury Law practice is looking to add a Senior Law Clerk to join their team. They are a collaborative and supportive group who is looking for someone who works well with a team, they offer competitive salary and benefits.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of a law clerk or paralegal certificate program and/or completion of ILCO courses and exams; and/or
- Bachelors degree; and,
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within a Personal Injury Law firm.
Required Skills and Knowledge Knowledge of Accident Benefit, Tort and Disability Claims
- Critical thinking, analysis, summarizing medicals and research skills
- Ability to read, interpret and draft legal documentation
- Superior interpersonal skills, with a strong client service orientation
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize independently
- Comprehension of Civil Litigation procedure and Statutory Accident Benefits Scheme
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PCLaw an asset
- A professional, responsive and positive work attitude is critical
- File review: detailed analysis of clinical records, file summaries, accurate account of disbursements and pays extreme attention to detail and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Material requests: Medicals, police reports, searches, etc.
- Draft legal documents, including Affidavits of Documents, Statement of Claims
- Communicate and Interact with clients, insurance adjusters, health care providers and others as appropriate to gather and share information, etc.
- Present a positive and professional image of the firm at all times
For more information or to submit your resume to Kareyn Gauthier @ firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #30906.