Toronto(Brampton) | 8 + Years
Our client, one of the largest fully-integrated metal management organizations in North America is looking to add a Senior Law Clerk/Paralegal to their organization.
This role will assist the legal department and senior management to optimize EBITDA performance by offering support and timely advice to business partners in a customer centric manner that enables the organization’s priorities, projects and processes.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Knowledge of and adherence to corporate legal principals and compliance.
- Accuracy and precision in all tasks; High level of discretion in performing all job duties.
- Completion of mandated and legislated projects/tasks within required time frame.
- Internal and external customer satisfaction, as evidenced by stakeholder feedback.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- College or university degree and/or 8+ years of experience as a Paralegal or Law Clerk.
- Preferred proven track record of advancement within the legal profession, as well as prior experience in risk management with a focus on insurance matters.
- Working knowledge of French is an asset but is not required.
Job-Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills using Word, Excel MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure, while focusing on detail and precision, balance competing priorities and meeting inflexible deadlines.
- Ability to develop cross-functional relationships throughout the organization.
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently on confidential matters.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Desire for continuous learning and development.
- Detail oriented, flexible and creative.
- Proactively identify and anticipate business unit expectations and needs.
Key Responsibilities – General:
- Effectively manage and maintain minute books, annual filings, security registrations (PPSA) and regulatory compliance. Advise on the organization’s corporate governance requirements.
- Review/amend/negotiate and maintain active directory of non-disclosure agreements.
- Monitor/maintain corporate calendar to reflect items such as active and pending litigation, intellectual property portfolio and PPSA listings.
- Assist with drafting of governance policies and communications.
- Assist with certain commercial agreements.
- Assist in management of key privacy compliance processes and assist with responding to privacy considerations including responding to freedom of information requests.
- Create checklists, templates and other self-help tools to effectively enable business teams to independently execute tasks and projects.
- Stay current in functional expertise, including understanding the impact to the organization of changing external environmental factors (regulatory, technical, etc.).
- Embrace and seek out technology that provides innovative solutions for the organization.
- Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, cost savings, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them.
Key Responsibilities – Litigation:
- Track pleadings and filing deadlines.
- Assist with the collection and distribution of records and files for any litigation.
- Draft demand letters, respond to claim queries.
For more information or to submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org reference #32306