Toronto 5 + Years
Our client, a Real Estate Investment Trust who is an owner, manager and developer of well-located retail and commercial real estate across Canada. They have portfolio spans approximately 65 million square feet of gross leasable area and consists of over 700 properties primarily focused on supermarket-anchored shopping centres and stand-alone supermarkets. They are looking to add a Senior Leasing Law Clerk to their team.
- Reporting directly to the Director, Legal Leasing.
- Draft, review, revise, and negotiate commercial lease documents, including, leases, renewals, amendments, extensions, sub-leases, licenses, letters of intent, and other similar or related legal documents with the assistance of a supervising lawyer.
- Respond to lease-related inquiries for the business and property managers for day-to-day matters as well as for disputes with the assistance of a supervising lawyer.
- Draft, review, and revise tenant notices and other communications, including notices of default and termination with the assistance of a supervising lawyer.
- Liaise with different business groups, departments, and stakeholders within the company and affiliated companies.
- Liaise with external counsel.
- Ensure documentation complies with corporate policies and processes.
- Track, summarize, and report on status of matters.
- 5-8 years of leasing experience gained from a law firm or in-house with a real estate company drafting and negotiating commercial leases and ancillary legal documents.
- Excellent knowledge of commercial leasing with excellent documentation, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Detail-oriented and excellent communication skills (written and oral) are required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be professional and be dependable with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Sharepoint and Teraview.
For more information or to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org reference #32366