Montréal or Toronto (Hybrid, Part-time) | 2+ years
ZSA Legal Recruitment is looking for a bilingual Translator to join our team immediately. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
- Translate from English to French: a wide range of materials (including marketing brochures and campaigns, articles, website content, presentations, IT notifications, newsletters, etc.) in compliance with established standards and processes;
- Post-edit translations skillfully while ensuring formatting is correct;
- Revise or perform quality control on content translated by colleagues;
- Proofread documents in English produced internally;
- Provide a high level of client service;
- Other duties as assigned.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- University degree or diploma in translation and/or in a closely related field or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a translator in the field of marketing, corporate or legal affairs
- Superior French writing skills based on in-depth understanding of grammar, punctuation, tone of voice and vocabulary;
- Strong research skills to learn and confirm idiomaticity and specialized terminology;
- High attention to detail;
- Self-confidence and capacity to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word);
- Demonstrated organization and time management;
- Professional certification and affiliation in the fields of translation and editing.
Reporting directly to the Director of HR and Legal Counsel, the Translator will be integral to helping us communicate effectively and accurately to clients and colleagues in both official languages. The primary responsibility of the Translator is to assist with translating a great variety of internal and external documents (between English and French).
ZSA provides a great environment for individuals who want to learn, grow and play a key role on a friendly team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and yet can take initiative when the day-to-day slows down, we would like to connect with you about this opportunity!
To apply, please e-mail your resume to Anah Mirza, Director of HR and Legal Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org: please include ‘Translator’ in the subject line. The requires at least 10 hours of work weekly with one day onsite. We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.