Cette description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.
Toronto | 2 + Years
Our client is seeking a Law Clerk with Tort and accident benefits experience to join the team at their Toronto location.
Responsibilities and Duties
- File management from intake through to hearings/trials.
- Drafting written communications and legal documents.
- Scheduling of case conferences, discoveries, mediations, motions, pre-trials, hearings, and trials.
- Preparation of materials for motions.
- Assisting in preparation for hearings/trials.
- Maintaining daily contact with clients, other parties, and counsel.
- Documentation review and production.
- Answers routine correspondence and initiates follow-up as required.
- Arranges appointments pertaining to meetings, mediations and examinations for discovery.
- Prepare files for case conference and hearings.
- Organizing settlement discusses with counsel and/or adjusters.
- Other administrative duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary diploma in a legal discipline.
- Licensed Law Clerk/Paralegal Program Certificate or, alternatively, a bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years Civil Litigation experience, preferably involving exposure to accident benefits
- Ability to follow instructions, be a problem-solver and offer solutions.
- A team player who works well under pressure.
- Able to take initiative, set priorities, and multitask.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Superior analytical, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; additional oral and written communication skills in an additional language considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PC Law.
For more information or to submit your CV please send an email to email@example.com reference #31857