Toronto- 5 + Years
Senior Accounting Clerk
Our clients Toronto office is seeking a Senior Accounting Clerk to join their Finance team! This role would be responsible for leading and assisting the accounting clerks in the Toronto and Vaughan offices with the daily processing of trust cheques, wire transactions, deposits, responsible for workflow management, process improvement and dealing with lawyer/assistant inquiries.
- Responsible for daily management of workload for the Toronto & Vaughan accounting teams.
- Provides support to accounts payable in the Toronto & Vaughan offices. Review client disbursement cheque requisitions and trust cheque requisitions to ensure information is correct.
- Reviews transaction request details for approvals, completeness, and confirms the information balances in the Aderant system before posting and payout.
- Prepares related cheques and out-going wires accordingly. Reviews trust accounts daily for fund receipts.
- Provide support to the cash receipts clerk in Toronto office.
- Provides overflow & vacation back-up support to Cash Receipt clerk.
- Answers inquiries from the assistants and lawyers regarding trust and accounts receivable.
- Other duties & project requests by the accounting department’s Managers & CFO.
What you’ll bring:
- College diploma in accounting or minimum 5 years work experience in an accounting department (trust, AP, AR, etc.). Law firm experience preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and terminology .
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of Aderant an asset.
- Dedication to providing quality work product for clients and internal stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional Customer Service.
- Prioritization skills in a very busy and multi faceted environment.
- Must be able to work both as a team player and independently.
What they offer:
They believe in the importance of a Total Compensation package, ensuring a mix of salary, benefits and perks are competitive within the market as well as a work-life balance. They offer:
- A comprehensive Benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision Care, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, 3+ Weeks’ Vacation and 10 Personal Days;
- A Diverse and Inclusive Workplace;
- A Firm matching Group Retirement Savings plan and TFSA;
- Childcare, eldercare and family resources to support you and your family;
- A wellness reimbursement program to foster employee wellbeing as well as a perks program through Perkopolis;
- Professional development opportunities through MT Learn;
- Flexible working options;
- Special appreciation events / celebrations;
- Charitable savings programs.
For more information or to submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org reference #31961