10 + Years, Toronto
Senior Law Clerk
Our client, one of the world’s pre-eminent renewable power companies is looking for a Senior Law Clerk in Toronto to work with lawyers and a team of law clerks as a part of a growing corporate office. Key responsibilities include transaction support with a particular focus on global M&A and our private funds strategy, coordinating internal reorganizations, flows of funds, board governance support, minute book records maintenance, as well as providing support to other teams.
More specifically, the Senior Law Clerk will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist with corporate transactions and reorganizations, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions; includes liaising with members of the tax and treasury teams, coordinating closings, drafting closing documents and working to efficiently form investment structures to facilitate the timely closings of transactions;
- Maintain minute books and corporate entity database from formation through to dissolution; draft resolutions, documents and filings with respect to annual resolutions;
- Document flows of funds, including capital contributions, dividends, returns of capital and distributions; document transfers of interests; implement changes to director and officer slates; draft special approvals; maintain organization charts, etc.
- Assist treasury and capital markets teams with bank account opening and KYC requests and requirements;
- Assist in preparing meeting materials, including the preparation of notices, agendas and resolutions, distribute meeting materials, prepare minutes, etc.;
- Assist with corporate disclosures, compliance and regulatory filings;
- Research corporate law matters as required; and
- Provide support to the Corporate Legal team and others, as required, and provide guidance and supervision to junior law clerks and legal assistants.
- Experience independently drafting complex resolutions and closing documents as well as handling minute book maintenance;
- A self-starter and detail-oriented person who enjoys interesting and challenging work;
- Organized, flexible and capable of working in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage several priorities and to work under tight deadlines;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe; experience with Blueprint, Diligent Board Books and Visio is an asset;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working with a wide range of constituencies in a polite and professional manner.
- Law Clerk/Paralegal Diploma or equivalent education/work experience; and
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working as a corporate law clerk in a fast-paced and dynamic law firm or in-house environment.
For more information or to submit your resume, email email@example.com quoting reference #31520