Toronto | 5 + Years
Our Client, recognized as one of Canada’s leading transaction law firms. With a strategic entrepreneurial approach, delivers intelligent solutions with the responsiveness, energy, talent and determination it takes to get the deal done. They are committed, hard-working professionals who are motivated by exceeding clients’ expectations. They look for people with commitment, initiative and a creative flair and who respect and recognize each other’s individual contribution to their success.
They are currently seeking a highly motivated individual interested in an opportunity for growth and development through exposure to an intermediate banking law clerk role. This is a full-time position.
- Graduate of college law clerk diploma program.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent team player with the ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision where required.
- Detail oriented and highly analytical.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the firm’s banking, finance and corporate law practice groups, and under the supervision and direction of senior banking law clerks, will be responsible for assisting with the preparation and management of documentation relating to a variety of corporate transactions including debt financing arrangements for both lenders and borrowers, bankruptcies and insolvencies.
- Ordering PPSA and other lien searches in various jurisdictions, reviewing and summarizing same.
- Coordinating the ordering of intellectual property searches.
- Drafting and filing PPSA registrations including amendments/renewals.
- Drafting of various documentation including discharges, acknowledgments, resolutions, security documentation and related ancillary documentation and obtaining same from third parties.
- Pre-closing, closing and post-closing activities including preparation of closing agendas, management of documents for final execution upon closing, running closing rooms, managing post-closing items, and completion of record books.
- Liaising with lawyers, clients, local counsel, extra-provincial agents, third party service providers and the Ministry as required.
- Completing daily billing time records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Observing strict confidentiality standards.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
For more information or to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org reference #32472