TORONTO- 10 + YEARS
Our Client one of the largest home builders in North America is looking to add a Corporate Law Clerk to their dynamic team!
The Corporate Law Clerk is responsible for the maintenance of the Company’s corporate structure, including but not limited to incorporating corporations and limited partnerships, maintaining the corporate records, drafting resolutions, preparing provincial and federal filings, responding to AML queries, conducting searches and implementing corporate reorganizations.
- Work as part of corporate administrative services team and assist other team member(s) in managing work flow and providing guidance.
- Drafting organizational documents, including articles of incorporation, by-laws and resolutions
- Updating and maintaining minute books and the corporate records database for approximately 900 entities
- Assisting with filings or documentation required by provincial, state or federal bodies in Canada and the U.S. as well as documentation required by financial institutions.
- Assist in drafting purchase agreements, trust agreements, nominee agreements, indentures and resolutions
- Review and analyze corporate charter documents and records to ensure compliance with governing statutes
- Create and maintain all precedent corporate documentation
- Look for opportunities to optimize resources both internal and external to create efficiency.
- Liaise with legal team, other internal departments and external clients
- Other administrative tasks including managing of invoices for corporate support and/or special projects, as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of experience handling corporate administration and/or working on a senior level in a law firm or in-house law department
- Experience with limited partnerships, trusts, US entities or a real estate focused institution is an asset
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in corporate legal administration, law clerk or paralegal studies or related field
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Visio, a corporate database system and online regulatory filing processes
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail
For more information or to submit your CV email email@example.com quoting reference #31419