Toronto | 7 + Years
Our client, a law firm that provides services to one of Ontario’s most ambitious privately owned Land Development and New Home Construction companies., is looking to add a Senior Real Estate Law Clerk to their team.
They are looking for a Senior Legal Clerk to handle the legal documentation and processes associated with the conversion of lands into LTA Absolute Title; registration of plans of subdivision, completion of large mortgage financings for land servicing and new home construction facilities and sale of new homes (freehold and low-mid- rise condominium) by a real estate developer. The successful candidate will be responsible for processing and completing the delivery of those legal services. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, confident, proactive, highly detailed, self-starter who possesses intellect and excellent organizational skills. You will be working, closely and collaboratively, with the law firm and staff of its developer-builder client in an “in-house-type” of setting. it is expected that the candidate will be able to handle intricate and sophisticated work within set timelines.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBIITIES
- Initiating and completing first applications for Land Titles Absolute – with solicitor’s guidance and input.
- Processing and completing registration of subdivision and development agreements and Plans of Subdivision, with solicitor guidance and input
- Preparing revisions to Agreements of Purchase and Sale tailored for use in new projects.
- Opening and organizing project and individual sales records and general filings for the responsible projects.
- General communication and correspondence with clients.
- Preparing electronic documents and conducting title searches. Obtaining and registering partial discharges of mortgages.
- Organizing solicitor’s calendar and meetings and preparing solicitor for same.
- Preparing sales reports and reports on sale proceeds to client after closings.
- Assisting clients in all aspects of issues arising in their land development, plan registrations and house sales.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and regulations related to the sale of real estate.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders, such as real estate agents, buyers, attorneys, and Excess Deposit Insurers, to ensure timely and accurate completion of legal documents and processes.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all legal documentation and communications.
- Creating and maintaining communications protocols for clients’ land development and construction teams.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Law clerk certification from a recognized program with a minimum of 7-10+ years’ experience in a similar position in a Condominium Real Estate Law practice.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and be a strong team player.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior knowledge of commercial real estate software (Teraview, Lawyer Done Deal, etc.) and proficiency in the MS Office environment.
- Working knowledge of legislation relevant to the Real Estate practice area, such as the Land Titles Act, Registry Act, Land Registration Reform Act and the Planning Act;
For more information or to submit your CV to email@example.com reference #32642